Wednesday

Foceaute


Foceaute
Acrylic on Canvas
Ed Moses

"I just wait until it goes 'Pow!" said Ed Moses in one of his interviews when referring to the process of art making. Perhaps that statement best represents what it is like for me to paint in my studio. Instead of analyzing and brainstorming what I am going to do next, I like to get myself involved in the process of selecting a specific color scheme based on my mood. Sometimes I pick dark reds, sometimes only black - it all depends on how I am feeling and how inspired I am to represent my emotions on canvas. 
Just like Moses, I like to immerse myself in the process of art making by splashing and throwing all sorts of materials onto the canvas. I never know what I am going to do next or what the end result is going to look like. All i know is that I am not scared to destroy, burn or include any sort of material into my workflow. 

...that my friends is what I like to call ART

No comments:

Post a Comment