Thursday

Chelsea




Artist: Unknown
Titles: Unknown
(Unable to remember) 

In my last trip to new york city I had the opportunity of meeting with another female artist who was doing abstract paintings and was exhibiting her artwork in Chelsea. The place was not exactly a gallery but a rented space right in the middle of a market. There was another japanese artist sharing the space who had some work up in there as well. In the entrance they had a piano that people could play which I thought was pretty cool.
By the time I was visiting the space I was currently working on a painting that I had been dreading on to stretch on a canvas simply because I knew how costly it would be to ship it back home. I had never seen unstretched paintings like that in an exhibition before  and so from that moment on I started hanging my paintings in my studio with clippers. Being a broke college student I have decided not to stretch any paintings until the day that I can financially support myself. 


Below: One of my works hanging at my studio.


Never thought I could say this but I am really digging the clippers look. 


No comments:

Post a Comment